Note: For software and user manual downloads, please click the Downloads tab above.
SBIG® STC-428-OEM Evaluation Package
Problem: We need to integrate a compact, low cost, yet high performance imaging camera for our demanding low-light level application
Solution: STC-428-OEM provides extremely high sensitivity, low noise 7 megapixel imaging in a compact, easily integrated package with complete engineering support
The STC-428-OEM is our most popular scientific CMOS camera for OEM applications such as ELISA microplate readers, colorimetry, fluorescence, and other low-light level imaging applications. The STC-428-OEM features:
- High sensitivity, low noise 7 megapixel IMX428 imaging sensor
- Two-stage thermoelectric cooling for minimal noise on long exposures
- SmartCooling™ active temperature regulation to 0.1 degrees C for high calibration stability
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Application engineering support
- Mechanical design customization for your application
- Multiplatform software API and sample code available
- Windows-based evaluation software available
For years mature CCD sensor technology, embodied in our venerable STF-83oo-OEM camera, set the standard for high sensitivity, low noise, high dynamic range, and images free of pattern noise.
The new STC-428-OEM scientific CMOS camera represents a major improvement over CCD technology. Compared with previous CCD models, the STC-428-OEM features higher sensitivity (78% QE versus 56%), significantly lower read noise (2.5 e- versus 9.3 e-), and 20X faster readout. While a single exposure can equal CCD dynamic range, the combination of fast readout and very low read noise allows for stacking images on-the-fly to produce greater dynamic range than previously possible.
Our SmartCooling™ active regulation maintains the sensor temperature to within 0.1ºC, and minimizes fan speed based on heat sink temperature for longer life and quieter operation.
- SONY IMX-428 CMOS imaging sensor
- 3208 x 2200 pixels / 7.1 megapixel
- 4.5 micron pixels
- 17.6 mm diagonal
- Peak QE 78%
- Typical QE:
- Red (635-700 nm) ~ 63%
- Green (520-560 nm) ~ 78%
- Blue (450-490 nm) ~ 75%
- 12-bit A/D conversion with low-gain and high-gain modes
- Very low read noise ~ 2.5e-
- Very low dark current < 0.1 e-/pixel/sec @ 0C
- 80 dB dynamic range
Complete Engineering Support
Our engineers and programmers are available to assist you in evaluating the camera and integrating it into your equipment.
Our powerful Windows-based evaluation software helps you quickly assess the camera’s potential for your application. Our multiplatform API allows you to quickly integrate the camera into your application, whether running on desktop systems or embedded hardware. Sample code is available. Our programmers are available to assist you with integration into your application.
Customization is available. We can customize mechanical mounting, remove the outer shell, or add options to meet your requirements. We can also build full custom hardware if required.
Volume Discounts Available
STC-428-OEM is available with volume pricing designed to meet your cost objectives. Ask us for a quotation.
STC-428-OEM Camera Evaluation Package Includes
- SBIG STC-428 monochrome imaging camera
- Evaluation / integration engineering support
- T-Thread lens mount
- 4-40 front panel screw mounts
- 1/4-20 tripod mount
- Universal power supply
- USB 3.0 cable
- MaxIm LT evaluation software
- USB stick for software and manuals
- Carrying case